Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Moderne, Part 2

Mindless and meditative holiday knitting, as I play with my little man, write some code, cook, clean home, and do some home-moving packing...Yeah, its growing nicely, from what it was last week. Excited and close to adding in the fourth colour, the dark green!


Do you know what this type of knitting reminds me of, and gives me a feel of? Remember those thick markers, thick brushes, and thick paints in childhood art classes or school time art? There was some strange kind of joy and pleasure in slowly and gradually filling in a blank sheet of paper with solid, opaque colours, and watching an abstract play of colours simply emerge. I would lose myself in the thick quality of the paint, and how it felt on the sheets of paper (this was very a very different feel from say thin water colours on the same sheet of paper). That is what it feels like while knitting something like this: like I am holding a thick marker or brush in my hand, and slowly and surely filling up the blank sheet of air with opaque colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment